Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Making Your Baby's Meals: An Introduction

I've decided that there is way too much to tell you about making baby food to do in one post. So, therefore, this is going to be a series. My first series! I'm thinking 3 parts, not including the introduction. How does that sound?

So lets get to introducing!

The most important thing when deciding to make your baby's food (or any decision that you come to with your baby) is to know your WHY.

Why do you want to do this? There are jars and jars and pouches and boxes of ready made food just waiting for you to purchase, and truth be told, they would make your life much easier! Why bother with making it yourself? That is a question that you are going to have to answer before you dive in!

Why did I decide to make Nora's food? It's simple, really. I LOVE TO COOK! There aren't many things that I do well, but I can cook! And, I'm not really sure how to put this, I put myself into to what I cook. When I make a meal for Matt, it's more than just feeding the man, it's a way that I can show him how much I care for him! I wanted to do that for Nora. One of my favorite things in the world is taking her a spoonful of what I've just pureed, slipping it into her mouth, and seeing her little eyes light up! It doesn't always happen...the girl doesn't love some of the things that I was certain she would, and she likes zucchini for crying out loud! Who in their right mind likes zucchini?!

So that was my why. I had some other reasons, saving money, knowing what I was feeding my girl, being different (it haunts me, I tell you!).

What is your why?

Next time we'll talk about what you need, and what you don't really need!

No comments:

Post a Comment