Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Reflect.

Highlights from my week in Birmingham:

!. Dad playing with Nora. She was staunchly refusing to go to bed on Monday night ~ I realize now that our great heavenly father knew that Pop Pop would have to go out of town and wouldn't get as much time with her as either of us had hoped for. He had to go to Louisiana on business on Wednesday morning.

2. Lindsay and Clara. My dear friend Lindsay made the trek down from Chatty with her sweet girl. Love her, and I love that my friends confide in me and feel that they are safe. I pray that I will always be a safe and comforting friend and that the Lord will give me the capacity to open my heart to new friends!

3. Afternoons with Charlotte. Mom picks up Charlotte from daycare in the afternoon, and by the end of the week, she was excited to see me too! She would actually crawl on over to me to play! Melts my heart, that one!

4. The Deucecast. I had so much fun being a special guest on my brother's podcast~ those guys are the best!

5. Meeting Campbell Dollar. My dear old friends David and Stephanie (they aren't old, I've just known them for 10+ years) welcomed baby Campbell into their lives back in December. Nora and I got to go and meet him ~ such a sweet little one with such sweet parents. The Dollars are good for my soul.

6. Melora and Evelyn. Another friend drove from Atlanta with her sweet girl! I love friends that you can just pick up with, as if you'd seen them and hung out with them yesterday. Can't wait for Nora and EV to play together again soon!

7. Missing my man. Matt and I have been married for close to 7 years now, and after a very long, yet fulfilling day today, it dawned on me how much I miss him! I was texting him a picture of Nora (which he DEMANDED by the way), and I started tearing up thinking about him! I love you so much Matt, you have no idea how proud I am of you.

8. Pottery Barn Kids. Sigh. I love that place. I do not love their prices :(

9. My momma.

10. My happy girl. Nora is growing up so fast and she is just such a precious girl! We ran all over the place today, and she just smiled and was so good wherever we went. I don't sit back and appreciate how blessed we are to have her often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment